I wish I did not have to write this heart-wrenching post to you all. I wish it had never happened for me to be able to post it. But, happen it did and post I must, for this little girl's death must not be in vain.
Gretta Claire Wyman was born June 6, 2006 in Grand Rapids, MN. She played with Taylor and many of our other friends in the church nursery. She was a beautiful beautiful girl with curly blonde hair and bright blue eyes full of mischief and adventure and life. She was the youngest of 4 and her siblings loved her dearly. She was a very wanted child to Matt and Lesley, dear friends of ours.
The Lord took her home on September 4, 2008 and left all of us shocked and saddened beyond words. How could the Lord take such a bright healthy baby home to Him? Why? The questions haunted all of us. But as this month has gone by, I have been blessed: watching the body of Christ coming together to strengthen their family, the opening of my eyes to how shallow my life has been - petty and unimportant things compared to God's eternal plan, realizing life is soo short and we never know how many days we have with loved ones, and the incredible testimony of the Wyman family.
I believe that we are here for a purpose: to glorify God. He is the Maker of Heaven and Earth. He is Creator God to all that lives and breathes. He created you, He created me, He created sweet precious little Gretta. He is soo amazing, so full of love and hope and forgiveness, I am amazed the whole world does not surrender to this great and awesome God. I don't understand fully why God took Gretta but I am seeing how He is using this tragic loss to touch others. He is bigger than Gretta's death and I know that one day I will see little Gretta again, just as her parents will. By Christ's precious blood on calvary, we have the amazing opportunity to live eternally with Jesus. He made the way to heaven possible through His death on the cross. He took my sin (which are many) and yours on Himself and died. Three glorious days later, He conquered death and sin by raising to life. What a wonderful hope and joy that brings to my heart. I have trusted my life to the Savior God of the Bible. I don't know where any of you reading this stands with Him. So I ask and beg you to examine your heart. God loves you and wants you to be a part of His family. He sent His Son to die on a cross 2000 years ago to take away the sin of the world.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16
Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life.
No one comes to the Father except through Me."
John 14:6
Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand,
or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens?
Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket,
or weighed the mountains on the scales
and the hills in a balance?
Who has understood the mind of the LORD,
Who has understood the mind of the LORD,
or instructed him as his counselor?
Whom did the LORD consult to enlighten him,
Whom did the LORD consult to enlighten him,
and who taught him the right way?
Who was it that taught him knowledge
Who was it that taught him knowledge
or showed him the path of understanding?
Surely the nations are like a drop in a bucket;
Surely the nations are like a drop in a bucket;
they are regarded as dust on the scales;
He weighs the islands as though they were fine dust...
Do you not know? Have you not heard?
He weighs the islands as though they were fine dust...
Do you not know? Have you not heard?
Has it not been told you from the beginning?
Have you not understood since the earth was founded?
He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
Have you not understood since the earth was founded?
He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
He brings princes to naught
He brings princes to naught
and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing.
No sooner are they planted, no sooner are they sown,
No sooner are they planted, no sooner are they sown,
no sooner do they take root in the ground,
than he blows on them and they wither,
and a whirlwind sweeps them away like chaff.
"To whom will you compare me?
"To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One.
Lift your eyes and look to the heavens:
Lift your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one,
He who brings out the starry host one by one,
and calls them each by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.
Isaiah 40:12-15;21-26
Isaiah 40:12-15;21-26
For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the LORD, "plans to prosper
you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11
O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.
You hem me in—behind and before;
You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
For you created my inmost being;
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in
your book before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts,
How precious to me are your thoughts,
O God! How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, I am still with you.
Psalm 139:1-18
Won't you turn your heart to the Lord!
He is waiting for all who will answer His call.
Here is a link to Matt & Lesley's blog. From there you can go to a link of the funeral and also to a Fox News Report on Gretta's death. I encourage each of you to check it out. The funeral was 1 hour and 45 minutes long but it is well worth it. Lesley gave her testimony and there are many pictures of the adorable little 2 year old.
For any fellow believers, I ask you to pray for this family.
A month has gone by but the pain has not lessened.
Please lift them up whenever you think of them.
Hug your little ones tight tonight and call
your big ones up and tell them you love them.
Because of Christ's awesome and amazing love,
Tiffani Dawn

4 comments:
We are reminded once again that life is but a breath. Love you guys.
We will be praying for them. I can't even immagine!
In my devotions today, I ran across these verses you mentioned in Isaiah 40, and I thought it was worth noting verse 31..."But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint." What comforting words these are as we go through trials and tribulations!
Thank you Tiffany, it so comforting to know that God continues to use my precious baby girl's death to bring life and hope to others. May God bless you and John, Taylor and Hannah with the same richness that you have blessed our family with.
Post a Comment