Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Baby Ultrasound - 19 Weeks

We had our ultrasound on Monday! How exciting :) The baby is growing right on and it was so amazing to see the little one moving around. We haven't had a preference as to the gender either way this entire pregnancy but really wanted to get as good of an idea as we could. So the dr did her best to see. She is pretty confident the baby is a girl. We know she could be wrong so aren't too worried if a little boy makes an appearance sometime in May instead! There was a small concern with the ultrasound. It showed that the placenta is too close to the cervix. This is called Placenta Previa and although not a concern for right now, can be closer to delivery. I have another ultrasound scheduled for 28 weeks to see where the placenta is. I would appreciate prayerthat between now and then the placenta will move to where it needs to be. Here is a link if anyone is interested in reading up on it:



Some info on the growing babe: 'she' is around 8 1/2 ounces and roughly 6 inches head to rump. Arms and legs are now the right proportion to the rest of 'her' body. Kidneys continue to make urine - interesting, when we were watching the ultrasound one shot showed the full bladder and then a little later it was empty and then later it was full again...weird to think a living being is going to the bathroom inside of you... Anyways...hair is beginning to sprout on the scalp. Lots of changes each week. It always amazes me. There are more and here's the link:



Here are the ultrasound pics. Unfortunately we didn't get nearly as many this time as we did with Taylor. Maybe at the next one we'll be able to do a few more.


Kind of hard to see but there are 2 precious little feet in the middle right under the word 'FEET' in the actual picture.

Here is a picture of the face. You can see the eye sockets directly above the word 'FACE' in the actual picture.

Here is a picture of the spine.

I call this one the alien face. It looks kind of scary but John reassures me the baby will come out fine!!!! :) I really shouldn't joke I know! ;)


So here's Baby #2. We have the name Hannah picked out for a girl and still have not figured out a boy's name. We are still working on the middle name but have a few ideas. Hope you all enjoy!

Here I am at 19 1/2 weeks

4 comments:

montana gramma and grampa said...

love ya guys...our God is an awesome God and He works all things out for the best to those who love Him. We're praying for this pregnancy and delivery and everything involved with our little grandchild. Give little Miss Taylor a big kiss and squeeze from us :)

Jess(ica) said...

I will be praying for this little "girl"- I can't wait to see you guys in 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiff & John!!! It has been a very long time since I have seen either one of you! I can't believe you are pregnant again!! I saw Diane the other day & she told me the news & also that you got a new house!! Congrats on everything!! Sherie

Anonymous said...

Tiff what a beautiful side view.. I just love your comments they are funny and it is truely you.
just to wish you a great year and I hope to see you everytime you come home. just wish it was longer visit... next time
your friend, forever,
Connie Carver