Thursday, November 1, 2007

12 Weeks

I wanted to attempt keeping anyone interested in baby's progress updated. We are to week 12 and will be starting the 2nd trimester on Saturday I believe! The baby is growing like crazy - already about the size of a lime (a little over 2 inches from head to rump). Reflexes are the big development for this week - fingers and toes will begin to curl open and closed and eye muscles will clench. It is really amazing to read about the developmental stages.

It amazes me how much love our Creator God has for us. Psalms 139 says: ...For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body... and I know that the Lord is 'weaving' our little child together. The tiny fingernails, each strand of beautiful hair on 'his' head, the tastebuds on the tongue, the fragile bones beneath perfect baby skin, the blood vessels, heart, veins, brain...He is perfectly forming them so that this little one will be its own person with special traits and talents and characteristics. What a mighty God we serve!! Thank you Lord for this Blessing, this Gift.

Here is a link to babycenter.com. It is a website that gives week by week development of the growing baby. This is specifically week 12. Enjoy :)
http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-12-weeks_1101.bc
Here is my belly after 12 1/2 weeks of pregnancy
Amazing, isn't it, how it just pops out there once you've already had a kid...
Kind of scary!!! ;)

1 comment:

Jess(ica) said...

It must be exciting to see all the progress you are making on your first home! Can't wait to see pics of the new carpet and stuff.

Oh yeah... not even one picture of Taylor??? =)