Some of us girls got together on a Saturday this month and had an all day craft day. The hubbies watched the babes and us women had a blast! It was wonderful without the crazy hub-bub we are soo used to when we all get together and there was adult conversation!!
Here's Kelly showing off our very nutritious eat-whenever-you're-hungry meal of pop, chips and pizza...yummy!!!
Julie's mending
Christina putting pics in a photo album
Katie making her daughter a dress
Here's my pile of fabric. My plan was to make curtains. Obviously I didn't realize how much time they took and how difficult they were if you didn't really know what you were doing. Luckily for me, Katie & Julie helped me out for most of the day!!! Not so lucky for them, they didn't get too far on their own projects :(
Here was my first attempt. I ended up dividing this piece in half and making 2 curtains out of it. 
Well, I got 1 whole one done (the right). The other one is about half way done. I'm planning on putting them up in my dining room when they are completely finished.
We all had such a great time chatting and crafting. I have to admit however that by the time 6:00 was rolling around I was about ready to trash my curtains and never look at a piece of fabric again. I showed up at noon and didn't leave until 8:00pm and they still weren't all the way done. I have decided I need to take it a little bit slower and not have such high expectations for my projects I know absolutely nothing about! I owe Katie & Julie and huge thanks for all their help in this. Who knows what they would have turned out like if they hadn't been there!! Yikes! ;)

1 comment:
What wonderful times--- enjoy this season of your life!
XOXO, Aunt Pup
Post a Comment